« Home | Amazing Grace…How Sweet the Sound… » | Donne and Terry, Terry and Donne » | What if you slept? » | Geniuses, a very incomplete list » | Nate? » | First Post » 

Saturday, December 11, 2004 

Deserve her?

They say I don't deserve her.
They say I am not uplifting.
They say that I play with her emotions too much.
They say I don't deserve her.

They are probably right.
They are her friends after-all.
They care about her more than anything.
Maybe they are right.

Maybe she is too nice to tell me I am a jerk.
Maybe she is too nice to tell it to my face.
I probably did need to hear it.

I did need to hear it.
What have I done to deserve her?
How have I showed her that I care?
Can't count the things I do to embarrass her.
I can be a real idiot sometimes.
Most of the time.

They are right.
I don't deserve her.
She's too brilliant.
Too bright.
I bring her down.

Way to blow it in another important area of your life.
I sure am good at it.
Being an idiot and ruining my life that is.