« Home | I love this man. » | Has anyone ever told you? » | Faith » | Pensive » | White Water Rafting... » | A very funny, witty blog » | Some preliminary launchings » | Did I mention that I went to the Oregon Coast? » | Batman » | 34 years ago today... » 

Monday, August 15, 2005 

Color Code is a full-color portrait of the English language.

The artwork is an interactive map of more than 33,000 words. Each word has been assigned a color based on the average color of images found by a search engine. The words are then grouped by meaning. The resulting patterns form an atlas of our lexicon.
--Martin Wattenberg

Very cool. Check it out here.

Very interesting. I like it, but I do have one question- who took the time to do that?!

I hope you're not criticizing the artist/compiler for "wasting time" on a frivolity. You're free to think so, of course, but I disagree. It seems valuable to me because it is interesting. Besides that, I would say that most americans, myself often included, do not spend their time doing anything more productive.

(I don't mean that as an attack, Lindsey, and I don't intend to be mean -- just starting conversation :)

That being said, however, I didn't honestly think it was very interesting. Neat idea though.

Interesting and boring at the same time.

And what I mean is: I think the idea is better than the results.

Don't worry, I do not feel attacked; though I appreciate the note- sometimes bloging is misunderstood. Without vocal tone, many things can be misconstrued.


I did not mean that the artist was wasting time, just that it must have taken quite a long time to do that!

I agree that a lot of Americans don't spend time in productive activities, but this world is a better place for those who fill their lives with worth pursuits that fulfill their lives.

Post a Comment