« Home | "And but for the sky there are no fences facing." ... » | Suspension » | Movie quote of the day. » | Take it and run with it (life that is) » | Deserve her? » | Amazing Grace…How Sweet the Sound… » | Donne and Terry, Terry and Donne » | What if you slept? » | Geniuses, a very incomplete list » | Nate? » 

Thursday, December 23, 2004 

It's only life after-all

I am pretty frustrated with my life lately, I just seem to be getting good at screwing up the really important things in my life. Last night I was talking with my friend Jackie, and we were discussing and reading from The Prophet By Kahlil Gibran:

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous that your joy."

And in the front of the book is written,
"And if our hands shall meet in another dream, we'll build another tower in the sky, Love Cathie"