« Home | Final Poll Results » | Happy grab your ankles day. » | Is it okay to think a computer is sexy? » | Poll » | "I get by with a little help from my friends." » | Ever feel like a Math Book? » | Howdy » | Google-ized » | Angie » | Decisions » 

Sunday, April 17, 2005 

Eureka Look

"And I'm reminded, too, that once, when we were boys, Seymour waked me from a sound sleep, much excited, yellow pajamas flashing in the dark. He had what my brother Walt used to call his Eureka Look, and he wanted to tell me that he finally knew why Christ said to call no man Fool. (It was a problem that had been baffling him all week, because it sounded to him like a piece of advice, I believe, more typical of Emily Post than of someone busily about his Father's Business.) Christ had said it, Seymour thought I'd want to know, because there are no fools."

--From "Seymour an Introduction" by J.D. Salinger

Maybe it is written somewhere... One man's fool is another man's hero. Maybe I just wrote it.

Does anyone know who said this?

You just did.

Post a Comment