« Home | Were the pyramids necessary? Was it necessary for ... » | A stiff comparison... » | This poll » | So what's more weird... » | A quote that stopped me » | Pink Floyd » | Hello... » | Sigur Ros » | Just in case you forgot... » | If I were so forced...and had only two choices...I... » 

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 

Out of school

I am out of school for the quarter, and I therefore have a little extra brain-power and effort to put into things besides school, and by "things" I mean designing and building a model rocket with an on-board digital video camera to record a video of the earth slipping away below and the rushing upward toward the clouds and into the limitless sky. Summer, isn't it great?

Few things give me greater pleasure than watching boys build model rockets: all their energy focused on their task, the excitement, the thrill, the engulfment. Hope it is sweet!

"Once Upon A Summertime" by Cody R. McComas

Building rockets is a good activity for you.

A Rocket huh? That is a BIG step up from a long board. Just keep your arms out of the way.

Heather (Bryan)

Heather, so good to hear from you, thanks for the arm-warning, I probably need it. If all goes as planned I will have the video footage posted here so that you too can share with me in the excitement. Thanks for writing. --Cody

P.S.- It's great to see you here, but just out of curiosity, how did you find yourself on my blog?

Cody,
A good friend of yours, Jared, gave me a link to his Blog once upon a time, I finally took the time to look at and read his. I noticed a link to your Blog, and well, that is where my adventure ends, or begins depending on how you look at it.
Speaking of wearing flip-flops only when necessary, I mowed the lawn in flip-flops the other day. Lets just say that I learned my lesson. Wish I would have read your advice sooner!
Take care
Heather

Heather,

I'm in Alaska and I did some rock climbing the other day. Thought you'd like to know. :)

Hey Cody!! Building a rocket and attaching a video camera to capture the footage? You rock my world! It sounds so much more exciting, adventurous, creative, and mind expanding than my summer plans. You've inspired me. :)

Cody, you have inspired me too. But I don't have a rocket so I have attached a camera to a rock that I plan on throwing high into the air.

I tried x balling in a pool and I fell, scratched my knee and then fell in(the pool).

Nate,
Your idea sounds more interesting. Will you also please post your footage? Thanks.

Post a Comment