« Home | True story: » | For why else are we here? » | Yup, we are » | lucy » | Elenchus. » | Cool stencil » | Blues » | Four years ago today... » | This time of year » | Have you ever... » 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 

Beginning artists

As most of you know that I love music, it is a big part of my life. I love to make it and really love listening to it and watching it being made. Any chance I have to watch a cheap/free concert I usually take. This has usually been quite satisfying. There are two artist of which I would like to make note.

1)Peter La Grand and the Vigil.
These folks are AMAZING! Peter's music has a rich honesty to it. Every time I listen to it I am amazed at it's sincerity, and as I am listening I feel like I am coming home. I just simply can't believe how good he is. Check out his site, see him live if you can, buy the CD, I personally guarantee that you will like it. Check his site out here.




2) Laura Gibson.
I saw her recently and apart to being incredibly attracted to every aspect of her, I REALLY enjoyed her music. It is heart-felt and honest. I pure voice that resonates real emotion. Another CD I recommend purchasing. Her web site is here and/or her Myspace site (where you can listen to some of her music and see how beautiful she is) is here.

Yeah you're right Cody, both these guys are way good stuff.

Can I make a few recommendations (even though I haven't yet had time to listen to these two)?

Hossam Ramzy - esp. his album "Sabla Tolo: Journeys into Pure Egyptian Percussion"

Carla Bruni - "Quelqu'Un M'a Dit" Subtle acoustic French whispering.

Check them out on amazon.com

I'm so done with american music for a while. But just for a while, I'm sure.

Post a Comment